Who are Now Book It?
Now Book It has an Online Gift Voucher platform that integrates with OrderMate. Now Book It makes it easy to add a gift voucher widget to venues websites so their customers can purchase them online and OrderMate can access them directly when the recipient redeems them in store.
What the integration does
- The customer purchases a digital gift voucher from the venues website - using the Now Book It widget
- The gift voucher ID number & balance are stored in Now Book It
- When the customer presents the voucher in store, the wait staff can recall the voucher through the pay screen in WaiterMate
- The customer can redeem the total or partial balance of the voucher
- Voucher transaction details are sent in real time to Now Book It and updated
- Voucher redeems are shown in the OrderMate takings reports
Note: Follow the Now Book It Reservations guide to learn about how the reservation integration works.
The information shared in the integration
Selling a Gift Voucher
Gift Vouchers can be purchased online through your Now Book It widget on your website. The Now Book It team will help you set up your vouchers to include your business details, graphics and logo so that once a voucher is purchased, the recipient will receive a digital, physical or PDF voucher with your branding and everything they need to redeem the voucher in store.
Redeeming a Voucher
Once a customer presents a voucher in store;
- Select the account they wish to use the voucher for ie. Table, Bar Tab, Phone order etc.
- Select the 'Pay' icon from the bottom of the screen
- From the payment screen, select the 'Voucher' payment type
- Enter the last four characters of the Voucher ID found on the gift voucher
- If the voucher was created in Now Book It, the system will recognise this as a valid voucher
- Select the 'OK' icon
- The system will automatically find and apply the voucher balance to the account
- Select the 'OK' icon
Note: If the customers account is less than the voucher balance, then OrderMate would update the voucher balance in real time in Now Book It and the customer would be able to redeem the balance in a seperate transaction.
- On the payment confirmation screen, the voucher payment will be visible
- The remaining balance of the voucher is also shown
- Any balance remaining on the account, can then be made using one of the usual payment methods
WaiterMate Takings Report
- The 'Voucher Redeems' will be included on the 'Takings this Terminal' report in WaiterMate
Viewing Voucher Balances
The gift voucher activity in OrderMate is pushed immediately to the Now Book It platform. Up to date voucher activity including current balances and status, can be found in the Now Book It gift card section.