Summary of the Report
The Transaction Journal is an audit report that shows most of the activity that has occurred either in WaiterMate or OfficeMate. The advanced filters allow for a highly customised search. This is the most common troubleshooting report in the OrderMate software.
Note: To find this report search 'Transaction Journal' in OfficeMate
Available Filters in the Report
- Custom Date Range, Daily, Week Ending, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly
- All Day, Custom Time Range, Shift, Day Part
- Item Name
- Advanced: Various OfficeMate, WaiterMate & System Events
The Information in the Report
- In the advanced filter, search for or select the kind of activity (type) and select ADD to include it
- Multiple activities can be added to the advanced filter
- The date for this activity occurred
- Year/Month/Date format ie. 2021/07/31
- The time for the activity occurred
- 24 hour Time format ie. 17:00
- The type of activity
- These are the activities that are listed in the advanced filter
- The first and last name of the user who was logged in for the activity
- User name is assigned in the user setup screen
- Activity the system automatically does (like create a new trading day) will report the user as 'OrderMate System'
- Activity from a third party (like integrated online orders) will report the user as 'OrderMate System'
- The terminal that the activity occurred on
- The terminal ORDERMATE is usually a dedicated server
- If remote access was used, then no terminal would be listed. The activity would include the IP address of the remote user
- The message is a detailed note about the activity
- Double click on the activity to see the full details
Note: The clear log feature at the top of the screen will remove all data from the transaction journal. Once completed, the data can not be restored. This is not recommended unless the size of the log file is causing system performance issues.