Who are Seven Rooms?
SevenRooms is a reservation, seating and guest management platform that integrates with OrderMate. The SevenRooms integration is a data driven integration that allows OrderMate venue operators to manage reservations and walk-in's but also to monitor guest engagement, by sharing customer information and sales data between the two platforms.
What the integration does;
- Once a reservation is made in SevenRooms the reservation and guest details are sent to WaiterMate.
- The reservations will be visible in the WaiterMate reservation screen.
- If a table has been allocated in SevenRooms for the reservation, WaiterMate will reserve the allocated table and the table icon will be updated to include a reservation icon.
- When a guest is arrived and seated in SevenRooms a table will be automatically opened in OrderMate including the guests’ details. These guest details will be saved as a customer in OrderMate.
- As changes that are made to the table in WaiterMate such as total spend, menu items sold and table status they are sent in real time to SevenRooms and saved against the guests profile.
- Reallocating a table number for a reservation that is already seated in SevenRooms will be reflected as a table transfer in WaiterMate.
- Once a table is paid off in WaiterMate the status will be updated in SevenRooms to 'Paid'.
The information shared in the integration
Floor Plans & Tables
Before setting up the integration between OrderMate and SevenRooms the table numbers and floor plans in both WaiterMate & SevenRooms should match so that the information can be shared to the corresponding tables.
Follow this guide to make any adjustments in WaiterMate Click Here
Follow this guide to make any adjustments in SevenRooms Click Here
Making & Viewing Reservations
In the SevenRooms app, select the 'Add Reservation' icon and complete the reservation details. The reservation can be seen in the image below booked for 12.30pm. The SevenRooms team will go through this with you in more detail during your onboarding.
In the reservation screen in WaiterMate, the details will be listed including; table number (if allocated), party size, booking time, customer details along with any reservation notes.
The customer details that have been sent by SevenRooms, will immediately create an OrderMate customer.
Arriving and Seating a Reservation
When the customer arrives in the venue, select the reservation in SevenRooms, and change the pre-service status to 'Arrived'. The reservation will be marked as arrived in WaiterMate, but it has not been seated, so will not open the table just yet.
To seat the reservation and allocate a table in WaiterMate, select the reservation in SevenRooms and then select 'Seat'.
Changes to the table selection can be made at this time if required.
Tables that are opened in WaiterMate will not create a walk-in reservation in SevenRooms. This means that tables can still be used normally, for example; for staff meals, regular guests or guests who are waiting at the bar for a later reservation. SevenRooms will not receive information about these tables, so it would be possible to have a genuine reservation allocated to a table that is occupied. If you open a table in WaiterMate that has not already been opened by the SevenRooms integrations, there will be a warning so that the staff know the table will not be linked.
To make a walk-in reservation in SevenRooms, select the 'Walk-in' icon or select a table from the floor plan and then enter the basic details. As customer information is not required, the reservation will be shown simply as 'Guest' and the 'Table Number' ie. 'Guest T10' in the image below.
Once the table is open in WaiterMate it will send all of the same information to SevenRooms described earlier, as if there was a reservation, such as account number and items ordered and they will be included in the SevenRooms sales reports.
If a customer moves to a new table in the venue, transferring the table should be completed in SevenRooms.
In the SevenRooms app, select the reservation and choose from the recommended tables, then select 'Save Move'. This will update WaiterMate and complete a table transfer including printing a transfer docket for any items ordered if this is enabled.