This article will explain:
- 'Why' do we need to process a 'Refund' in WaterMate?
- How to locate the closed account for HungryHungry Orders
- How to perform a 'Refund'
This guide is suitable if your HungryHungry orders are automatically assigned the 'Internet Prepayment' payment type in OrderMate, usually for order@table orders. If you are not sure how your integration is set up, ask someone from the OrderMate team to help you!
Why do we need to process the 'Refund' in WaiterMate?
If you have HungryHungry integrated with your OrderMate POS system and the customer needs to have either part or all of their Online Order refunded, then the refund should be processed in BOTH HungryHungry and OrderMate. Processing a refund in one system does not send it to the other, so it is important to make sure that the refund occurs in both platforms. If you were to only complete this on one side, then the 'Sales and Takings' would certainly be different in each platform making it difficult to understand the true reporting figures and to reconcile the orders.
Note: This feature can only be accessed depending on the permission level for the user. WaiterMate refunds should be completed after performing the refund on HungryHungry's portal.
Step 1 - Find the Closed Account
Once any order is paid off, such as a paid HungryHungry Order, it is stored in the system as a closed account. To be able to process a refund, we first need to find the correct closed account. HungryHungry orders always come into the system with a 'Customer' attached, so the easiest way to find the closed account that we want to do a refund for, is to search for that customer.
1. Select the 'System Admin' icon in WaiterMate.
2. In the 'Daily Tasks' tab, select the 'Closed Accounts' button.
3. Choose the relevant date using the arrows and choose the relevant account type ('Online Table Account' in this example).
5. Enter the customers name using the 'Search' button to filter the closed accounts.
6. Once you have entered the customers name, a filtered list of customers matching the details you have entered will be shown on the right hand side of the screen. Click on the box in the right hand column, to select the desired customer.
7. WaiterMate will show all the orders placed by that customer. Select the account you wish to refund.
Step 2 - Choose the items to be Refunded
1. Select the 'Refund' icon from the closed account.
2. Confirm the intention to process a refund.
2a. If the stock control module is enabled, choose if the items are to be wasted or returned to stock.
3. Select the item(s) to be refunded.
4. Select the 'Ok icon.
Step 3 - Process the Reverse Payment
The original payment to this account will be shown. The 'Amount Due' will be a negative amount.
1. Select the payment type 'HungryHungry' which is found under the 'Web' folder.
2. Process the payment.