This article will explain:
- What is Lightyear?
- How does Lightyear work?
- How to set up the Lightyear integration
- How to use Lightyear with OrderMate
What is Lightyear?
Lightyear is an automated invoice processing tool. Lightyear can consume digital invoices from a supplier (usually via email) and output a file that can easily be imported and pushed into the POS for receiving stock purchases.
How does Lightyear work?
- Lightyear receives data from OrderMate by manually importing data
- Lightyear also sends data to OrderMate by creating a csv file in a pre-defined format
OrderMate has a very intuitive import routine that allows you to Import multiple bills from multiple suppliers at once
How to set up the Lightyear integration
First you will need to follow the setup options in Lightyear at:
Then you should associate their OrderMate suppliers with their Lightyear suppliers.
Note that this requires a CSV of suppliers from OrderMate. Navigate to Stock/Suppliers, highlight all suppliers and copy and paste into excel. Save as a CSV then follow the guide:
Scroll to the bottom of this article to see how to export the invoices from Lightyear:
1. First, you will need to log into OfficeMate as an administrator user. You should then navigate to Setup > Configuration, Invoice Integration.
2. Clink “New” to add a new invoice integration.
3. Select “Lightyear” as the invoice type and select 'OK'.
You will now be asked to configure some different options for the integration. These are simply defaults.
- When using Lightyear, the Customer Number and Supplier are set by the invoice that is imported.
- The Default Stock Area should be set to your main stock area that you bring invoices into.
- The Default File Path should be set to whatever location you commonly store your invoice files in on your computer.
How to use Lightyear with OrderMate
1. First, you will need to log into OfficeMate as an administrator user. You should then navigate to the Daily Tasks > Invoices screen
2. Click Import Invoice from the top of the screen.
3. You will then be prompted to select the file you wish to import. You should browse to the appropriate csv file saved from Lightyear within your computer.
- OrderMate will now begin to scan through the import file and attempt to match stock items based on the supplier name and product codes.
- Suppliers that have matching names will be matched automatically. If the name of the supplier in OrderMate varies from Lightyear, you will be prompted to select the supplier it refers to, or alternatively to add a new supplier in OrderMate.
4. If the stock item can't be matched to an existing one based on product codes, you will be prompted to match each product, or alternatively add a new one.
5. Once all products are matched, you will be presented with a preview of invoices to be imported. Here, you may edit invoices and check over them.
6. Click the Plus icon to import the selected invoices. This will now become a received invoice.
Here is a sample file provided by Lightyear.