This article will explain:
- Why you may need file sharing
- How to set up file sharing through your remote access
Why do I need this?
If you have remote access to your POS set up, but you would like to share files between your remote connection and your PC, good news! This is possible.
You may need this to transfer over OfficeMate reports to your personal PC so that you can print them.
How to set this up
Part 1: Create Share Folder
(On your PC BEFORE you remote in)
1. Open 'This PC' or 'My Computer'
2. Open C:
3. Right-Hand click and go to 'New' > 'Folder'
4. Name your folder 'A OrderMate Share' (The A will make it easier to find later)
5. Right-Hand Click and go to 'Send To' > 'Desktop (Create Shortcut)'
Part 2: Modify RDP File
1. Right hand click on your Remote Desktop icon and click 'edit'.
2. Go to the 'Local Resources' tab and click 'More'
3. Tick 'Drives' then click 'Ok'
4. Go to the 'General' tab and click 'Save', then Close this window by clicking the 'X'
Part 3: Saving Report
1. Open your Remote Desktop and open OfficeMate
2. Go to your chosen report and click the save button.
3. In the save window select the dropdown then 'C on #########'
4. Open 'A OrderMate Share'
5. Name your report, Change the dropdown to 'PDF' and click save
6. Close your remote desktop
7. On your desktop open 'A OrderMate Share', your report will be located here.