This article will explain:
- What a voucher reversal is
- How to reverse a voucher top-up
- How to reverse a voucher redemption
What is a voucher reversal?
When a voucher is purchased or topped up, payment is taken and the voucher balance increased. When the voucher is redeemed or used against a sale then the voucher balance decreases. It is possible to reverse these transactions in WaiterMate.
Reversing a Voucher Top-up
2. Select 'Previous Sales' from the screen the voucher was sold in, or navigate to 'Closed Accounts' under System Admin and find the relevant sale
3. Select 'Refund'
4. Select the relevant Gift Voucher and 'OK'
5. Select 'OK' and then 'OK' again in the prompts
6. You will be returned to the Payments screen. To remove the existing payment select the 'X' next to the payment. Or to refund as a different payment type, select the payment type from the left and then 'OK'. Select 'Save'.
Reversing a Voucher Redemption
2. Select 'Previous Sales' from the screen the voucher was redeemed in, or navigate to 'Closed Accounts' under System Admin and find the relevant sale
3. Select 'Payments'
4. Select the 'X' next to the Gift Voucher you'd like to reverse and select 'Yes' in the prompt. The voucher redemption is now reversed
5. Settle the balance with an alternative payment type and select 'Save'.