This article will explain:
- What you need to get started
- How to set up remote access to your POS
This article aims to get you up and running with remote access, so you can remotely access OfficeMate over a VPN tunnel.
What you need to get started
To follow this guide you will need to have been given your unique credentials (Network ID) in order to access the system.
If you haven't received these yet please contact our support team here so we can get this organised for you.
How to set up remote access to your POS
Step 1 - Download the Installer
1. Head to https://www.zerotier.com/download/ and download the installer that is correct for your system.
If you use a Microsoft/Windows PC please download the MSI Installer. If you use a Mac please download the MacOS PKG Installer.
Step 2 - Configure your set-up
2. Once you install ZeroTier open the app. If prompted tick "Launch ZeroTier on Startup" as per the image below:
3. Click OK.
4. Right click on the orange ZeroTier icon. If done correctly you should see a menu like the below:
5. Copy down your unique "Node ID" as per the example above. You will be needing this later for activation purposes.
6. In the same menu, select "Join Network". If done correctly you will see a screen that looks like this:
7. Copy and paste the Network ID that was provided to you in your setup email, additionally tick the boxes like so: For the purposes of this guide we have used an example Network ID. This is not a real ID use the one provided to you in your setup email.
8. Click Join. Once done, on newer Windows Systems (and some Macs) you will be presented with a screen that looks like the below:
9. Select Yes.
10. To verify you have configured your VPN successfully. Right click the ZeroTier icon to bring up the following menu:
If you see a check mark next to the Network ID you used, this means it's active.
11. To verify the connection is working. Simply click the "Show networks" button in the same screen above. You will be presented with the following dialogue when you do so:
12. If you see all 4 check boxes ticked and you see the status saying "OK". You have successfully configured your VPN.
Step 3 - Verify your connection
Remember the Node ID we got you to copy earlier? Now you need to use this to verify and activate your connection.
1. Simply send the following email with all fields filled out to email@example.com
Please ensure that the information you provide us matches those previously provided to us. If any of the details do not match what we have on file, we will have to reject the request due to privacy and security reasons until the correct details are provided.
|E-Mail Subject Line: VPN Remote Access Activation
Please activate my remote access connection. See details below:
Venue name and location:
Apple Mac users only - Once access has been activated, download https://apps.apple.com/au/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id1295203466?mt=12 and use the RDP file supplied in your setup email to connect to your remote access.