This article will explain:
- What Petty Cash is
- How to create a Petty Cash entry in WaiterMate
What is Petty Cash?
Petty cash is an amount of cash on hand that is used for paying small amounts owed. In OrderMate, if you are paying this amount owed using money from the cash drawer, and it is not a sale/revenue then it can be classified as petty cash.
The petty cash feature in WaiterMate is used to account for anything purchased with cash from the cash drawer during the day or shift.
How to create a Petty Cash entry in WaiterMate
- Start by selecting the 'System' icon which is located in the bottom right-hand corner on the WaiterMate screen when logged in
- Select the 'Cashdrawer' icon
- Select the 'Petty Cash' button
- When in the main screen for petty cash, select 'Create Petty Cash Entry'
- Select the $0.00 (1) button and enter the amount taken out of the cashdrawer. Then, select the 'empty box' (2) and write any details regarding the reason behind why that amount was taken out of the cashdrawer
- When both fields are complete, select the 'Save' button
- Now the petty cash entry is recorded and will also reflect correctly when you complete the 'Reconciliation' at the end of the shift
Note: each receipt should be entered in individually when recording petty cash
You can also Create a Petty Cash entry in OfficeMate