This article will explain:
- What a Discount Reason is
- How to create Discount Reasons
What is a Discount Reason?
A custom discount can be applied to an item or account in WaiterMate if the user has sufficient permission. Discount reasons can be set up to prompt when a custom discount is used, to explain the reason why it was used.
These reasons can then be viewed in the Transaction Journal in OfficeMate for reporting purposes.
How to create Discount Reasons
1. Log in to OfficeMate
2. Navigate to Discount Reasons under Configuration, or search for it in the navigation bar.
3. To create a new Discount Reason, select the New icon located on the toolbar at the top of the screen
4. You will see a new line appear. Double click on the "New Reason" text and it will highlight allowing you to edit it.
You can also enter a number in the sequence field to determine in which order the reasons appear within the prompt. Once done click away and it will save automatically. See below as an example:
5. Repeat the above for as many discount reasons as you need