This article will explain:
- How to integrate OrderMate with PC Eftpos Pinpads
OrderMate has the ability to be integrated with different Bank Pinpads via USB if they are connected to a touch screen (they cannot be integrated off a tablet), please see a list of different PC-EFTPOS Supported Bank Pinpads: https://pceftpos.com/bank-supported-pinpads/
Step 1 - PC Eftpos to complete their side
- Contact PC-EFTPOS (https://pceftpos.com/contact/) - 02 9998 9800
|Monday – Friday||8.00am – 10.00pm (AEDST)|
|Saturday||9.00am – 5.00pm (AEDST)|
|Sunday||10.00am – 3.00pm (AEDST)|
- PC-EFTPOS will then step you through getting remote access to the appropriate touch screen/s
- PC-EFTPOS will then install their software accordingly, this must all happen first before the OrderMate part can then be integrated.
Step 2 - Configure the integration in OrderMate
- Go into OfficeMate -> Devices -> EFTPOS and add an EFTPOS terminal.
- If "EFTPOS" is not visible in officemate please email email@example.com and they will ensure that EFTPOS integration has been licensed in the OrderMate System
- Change the "Eftpos Type" to "Ingenico"
- Select the appropriate cash drawer that the EFTPOS terminal will be linked with
- Terminal ID is not a required field, this should be left blank
- The port should be left as the default value
- "Online" should be ticked
- Save your EFTPOS terminal and restart WaiterMate on the desired terminal
- Download the following file, and extract accordingly on the appropriate touch screen/s - https://www.dropbox.com/s/47449fcoq3o2dqf/eftcltcp.zip?dl=0
- Place the "$" into the C:\PC-EFT folder
- Create a shortcut for the "$" and paste that shortcut in the windows startup directory - (here is the link for the startup directory) https://www.thewindowsclub.com/startup-folder-in-windows-8
- Run the "$" icon from the startup directory
- Re-logon using the "C" in the system tray (at the bottom right hand corner), select 'Ctrl Panel', then select 'logon'.
- Restart Waitermate
- Test a payment from Waitermate and check that the PC-EFTPOS dialog prompt shows up. This indicates that the integration is successfully working