This article will explain:
- Why name resolution errors occur on Tyro terminals
- How to resolve this error
Computers use numeric IP addresses (such as 192.168.10.233 or 2001:db8::1) to identify each other on networks. However, IP addresses are difficult for people to remember, so we use more friendly host names (such as www.tyro.com). Name resolution is the process of converting a host name to an IP address, so a Name Resolution Failure occurs when the Domain Name System (DNS) used by your computer can’t convert integration.tyro.com into the relevant IP address.
A very common cause of this Name Resolution Failure is that there is no internet connection to the POS computer.
Step 1 - How to resolve name resolution errors
- Reboot your Modem or Router followed by a reboot of your POS Device.
- Visit https://tyro.com/selftest/ to test your internet and network connection to our Tyro Server (4 green ticks should be displayed).
- If your page loads but does not display 4 green ticks, please contact your IT or ISP to allow a connection to Tyro's Domain.
- If the page does not load then please see What do I do if my Internet is down?