A need for fast and efficient communications between different area's of a venue using seperate prep dockets is common. With the OrderMate printer set up, it is really easy to make sure that each area knows what is going on in other area's and helps to keep the line of communication open in a fast paced service.
Step 1 - Select the Virtual Printer
The 'Virtual Printer' is the way in which we set up or configure dockets. This feature allow each docket to either notify another area that there are items for the same order coming from another area. It is also possible to show exactly what these items are, which also helps some venue's with timing certain dishes.
- Navigate to Virtual printers - Officemate > Setup > Devices > Virtual Printers
- Select the name of the virtual printer that requires the notifiers to be enabled for
Step 2 - Enable the Printer Notifiers
- From the dialog box, select all the printers which are common under 'Notify Printers'
- If desired, select 'Itemised notifiers' to show a detailed list of the items
- Make sure to repeat for any other 'Virtual printers' so the communication is on both dockets
Step 2 - Edit the Printer Notifiers
- Once the notifiers have been enabled, it is might be necessary to edit the font size or colour to make them clear.
- First, place an order that includes items from both or all virtual printers
- Edit notifiers as required**
**For more information on editing prep dockets, click here.