This article will explain:
- What a Cashdrawer Skim is
- How to enter a Cashdrawer Skim in WaiterMate
- How to enter a Cashdrawer Skim in OfficeMate
What is a Cashdrawer Skim?
Cashdrawer skims are performed to reduce the amount of cash kept in the cashdrawer at any one time. Usually this is done as a security precaution.
Cashdrawer skims allow for the amount of cash that has been removed to be pre-counted and recorded for later reconciliation of the days takings.
How to enter a Cashdrawer Skim in WaiterMate
Note: Users will need the required level of permission to be able to perform this task
- Log into WaiterMate
- Select 'System Admin' from the bottom right hand side of the screen
- Select 'Daily Tasks' from the tabs across the top of the screen
- Select the 'Cashdrawer' icon
- Select 'Skims'
- Select Cash and then enter the amount of cash required and then the 'OK' icon
- To view this skim or previous skims select the 'View Skims' icon
How to enter a Cashdrawer Skim in OfficeMate
Cashdrawer skims can also be recorded in OfficeMate and is often used as a more secure way to count the amount skimmed so that large amounts of cash are not being counted in front of the patrons of the venue.
- Log into OfficeMate
- Navigate to 'Daily Tasks' in the navigation panel
- Select 'Reconciliation' and start a new reconciliation if one has not already been started
- 'Cashdrawer Skims' are shown in a dialog box in the centre of the screen.
- Edit a cashdrawer skim by selecting in the 'Skims' column in the appropriate Cash Drawer row
- Cashdrawer skims can be added or removed by selecting the appropriate icons
For information on Waitermate Reports, please click here.
For information on Reconciliation, please click here.