This article will explain:
- What are Loyalty Points
- How to attach customers to the order
- How to redeem loyalty points
What are Loyalty Points:
Loyalty points can be assigned to items or price levels, earned by customers when they purchase and then later redeemed by the customer.
Using a loyalty point system can increase sales by encouraging repeat customers to continue to be loyal and it is very easy too!
Step 1 - Attach a Customer to the Sale
For a customer to earn loyalty points, they must be assigned to the account that is going to accrue the points. There are several ways to do this.
1. If swipe cards set up, simply swipe the card attached to the customer.
2. In the Quick sale screen, select the 'Customer' icon at the bottom of the screen.
Alternatively, use the search option by selecting 'System Admin' and then the 'Customers' icon.
4. If this customer is not in the system then add them from 'System Admin' so they can start accumulating points!
5. Once an order is placed and a customer assigned, their current point accrual will be displayed at the top of the WaiterMate screen.
Note: this does not include the current order's point accrual.
Step 2 - Redeeming Loyalty Points
If there are one or more items available to be redeemed using loyalty points, the loyalty icon will be available from the pay screen indicating this.
1. From the pay screen, select the 'Pay' icon
2. In payment screen select the 'Loyalty' icon
Note: If the customer does not have enough points to redeem anything this button will be greyed out.
Once selected the next screen will display all available items that can be purchased with points. They will be listed on the left along with their points value.
3. To redeem, select the available item/s that the customer would like to redeem with points and move to the column on the right. This will be a deduction to their current point balance.
4. The remaining balance can be finalised using any other payment option as per usual payment types.