At the end of each trading day, all accounts should be closed. However, at times we may find that for any reason, there are tables left open and unpaid.
Sales can be stored using the debtor module. Firstly, create the Debtor and then sales will be able to be added to it. Later statements can be issued and payments made to it.
Making a payment to a Debtor account
Once the debtor has been created, a payment can be made pre or post sales. The following explains how payments can be received through WaiterMate.
Note: Any payments received through this method will be included in the takings of the day that the payment is made.
1. Go to the Debtors tab and select the relevant debtor.
2. Select the ‘Pay’ icon at the bottom right of the screen.
3. Select the method of payment. The ‘Paid’ amount will automatically be the balance of the debtor.
If required, change the ‘Paid’ figure to the required amount by selecting the box and typing in the required amount.
4. Change the ‘Amount Tendered’ figure to the payment amount.
5. Finally, click OK to confirm the payment and Save.
Payment through Electronic Transfer
If the customer paid using electronic transfer into your bank account, you can record it through WaiterMate.
1. When it is time for the customer to pay, select the ‘Pay’ icon to go to the pay screen.
2. Select ‘Debit’ and click on ‘Internet Prepayment’
You need to change the ‘Paid’ figure to the required amount by selecting the box and typing in the amount received.
Note: Debtors with a ‘$0’ balance are not automatically deleted. They also cannot be deleted from WaiterMate. To delete any debtors, firstly make sure the balance is ‘$0’ and then open OfficeMate and delete them from the debtor page.