This article will explain:
- How to make a payment to a debtor account
- How to process an electronic transfer payment
At the end of each trading day, all accounts should be closed. However, sales can be stored using the debtor module and paid for at a later date. Payments can also be made to the debtor account before a sale has been transferred, meaning the account would be in credit.
How to make a payment to a debtor account
Note: Any payments received through this method will be included in the takings of the day that the payment is made.
- Login to WaiterMate and select the debtors tab and then select the relevant debtor. Use the search fields on the left to search for the debtor by account name, customer or date if required
- Select the ‘Pay’ icon at the bottom right of the screen
- Select the method of payment. The ‘Paid’ amount will automatically be the balance of the debtor
- If required, change the ‘Paid’ figure to the required amount by selecting the box and typing in the required amount
- Change the ‘Amount Tendered’ figure to the payment amount
- Finally, click OK to confirm the payment and Save
How to process an electronic transfer payment
If the customer paid using electronic transfer into your bank account, you can record it through WaiterMate.
- When it is time for the customer to pay, select the ‘Pay’ icon to go to the pay screen
- Select ‘Debit’ and click on ‘Internet Prepayment’
- Change the ‘Paid’ figure to the required amount by selecting the box and typing in the amount received. Select Save to finalise the payment.
Note: Debtors with a ‘$0’ balance are not automatically deleted. They also cannot be deleted from WaiterMate. To delete any debtors, firstly make sure the balance is ‘$0’ and then open OfficeMate and delete them from the debtor page.