More and more third party delivery companies such as Uber Eats, Deliveroo and Foodora are coming onto the market. It is easy to process the orders and keep track of the payments due from these companies.
The best practice is to use the Phone Order feature of OrderMate software in conjunction with Debtors. This will allow the sale to be processed on the day that the order is placed, and yet the payment is not received until a future date when the online provider settles the account. The order itself can be processed using a normal phone order that is then effectively paid to the debtor once the order is collected.
It may also be necessary to set up a price level if the menu items are charged at a different price to the usual menu. (Price Level Guide)
Step 1 - Create a Debtor Group
If there are a lot of Debtors already created, it my be a good idea to create a new debtor group so that the staff can refine the list of debtors when assigning sales to the debtor.
1. In OfficeMate, navigate to 'Debtor' groups
2. Select the 'New' icon
3. Name the Debtor Group
Step 2 - Set up an Account Using Debtors
Each provider should have their own Debtor created so that they can be sent separate invoices.
1. In WaiterMate, select the 'Debtor' tab from the top of the screen
2. Select the 'New' icon from the bottom of the screen
3. Name the Debtor for each provider
4. Assign to the desired debtor group
5. Set a realistic credit limit. This should be at least what you expect to receive in sales for their payment cycle (eg. 2 weeks)
6. Although not required, it might also be a good idea to assign a customer to the debtor. The customer can hold the information such as email address, so that invoices can be sent through
Step 1 - Processing the Order
The best way to process the order is to use the phone account type.
1. Select the Phone tab from the top of the screen
2. Select the 'New' icon
3. Select 'Add Customer'
2. Instead of entering the customer name, it is recommended that the provider and the order number they supplied be used as the reference ie. Uber Eats 1234
3. Place the order using the usual ordering method
4. Select the Save icon from the bottom of the screen
5. If a different Price Level is required, select the 'Item Prices' tab from the bottom left corner of the screen and select the desired price level.
5. The order will then be visible from the Phone Orders screen.
Step 3 - Adding the Order to the Debtor
Once the order has been collected, it should be sent to the debtor where it will be help until such time that the provider settles the account.
1. Select the order once it has been collected by the driver
2. Select the 'Pay' icon to enter the payment screen
3. Select the payment type of 'Customer Account'
4. Refresh the screen by selecting the 'Show All Debtors' icon from the bottom of the screen
5. If there are a lot of debtors, select the 'Debtor Group' icon to refine the page to only debtors that belong to this group
6. Select the desired debtor
Step 4 - Invoicing the Provider
Although tax invoices can be printed from WaiterMate, the easiest way to provide an invoice for the provider, would be by either printing or saving the invoices in OfficeMate.
1. Navigate to 'Debtor Sales' in OfficeMate
2. Choose the debtor by selecting the 'Set Debtor' icon
3. A list of all of the invoices for each debtor will be visible
4. From this screen select;
- Print Shown Invoice - (to print only the highlighted invoice)
- Print Invoice - (to print all Invoices)
- An Invoice Statement
- An Activity Statement
4. Once the report has been selected choose to print or save the report
Step 5 - Receiving Payments from the Provider & Dealing with Commission
Once the payment is received from the provider, it should be 'Paid' in WaiterMate to update the balance. It is at this point that we would recommend that the account balance is reconciled with the statement issues by the provider.
The balance of the debtor will include the entire amount due, however the provider will most likely pay an amount less than the total to account for commission. Once the invoice totals are confirmed, a discount can be applied to reduce the balance. (Discount Guide)
1. Select the debtor the payment is to be applied to
2. Select the 'Pay' icon
3. Apply the correct account discount
4. Select the payment type of 'Debit'
5. Select the payment type of 'Internet Prepayment'