This article will explain:
- What a 'Pickup' Phone Order is
- How to place a 'Pickup' Phone Order
- How to set customers to 'Pickup' Orders
- How to set pickup times
What is a 'Pickup' Phone Order:
The OrderMate software has multiple account types available. The 'Phone Account' type is used to place orders where the customer will later collect the order in store.
This provides the ability to print a prep docket for an order when it is placed and can be paid for once the customer has arrived.
Step 1 - Placing 'Pickup' Phone Orders
1. Once the customer has requested to place a phone order, begin by logging into WaiterMate
2. Select the 'Phone Tab' from the top of the screen
3. Choose the 'New Pickup Order' from the lower section of the screen
Step 2 - Search for the Customer
Each phone order must have a customer assigned to it. These customer details will be stored in a customer database, which can later be accessed. Any orders placed in the future can then be assigned to the same customer and a history of this customers' orders reviewed.
1. Begin searching for an existing customer using the 'Search for customer' filter.
- If the details match an existing customer, the customer will appear in the list on the right hand side of the screen.
- If the details entered do not match an existing customer, then the list will become a blank screen and a new customer will need to be added.
Hint: begin with the customer phone number as this is most likely the fastest way to identify a returning customer.
If you did not find an existing customer, you can add a new customer.
Step 3 - Add a 'New' Customer
1. Select the 'Add Customer' icon from the bottom right hand side of the screen.
2. Enter the details for the customer details by selecting the desired tabs. 'First Name' is the only 'required' field for a phone order.
3. Select the 'Ok' icon from the bottom of the screen.
Step 4 - Place the Order
1. Place the order using the menu sections and items available.
2. Select the 'Save' icon from the bottom of the ordering screen.
Step 5 - Finalising the Order
1. Comment: A comment can be added to the prep docket by selecting the 'Edit Comment' field.
2. Date Due: A future order can be placed by adjusting the 'Date Due' field.
3. Delivered: If the Delivery module is enabled, this order can be changed to be a delivery type by selecting the Delivery icon.
4. Time Due: If this order is required at a specific time, the time can be changed using the hours or minutes icons.
5. Once any desired changes have been made, select the 'Ok' icon from the bottom of the screen.
Step 6 - Viewing the Orders
Once the orders have been placed, they can be seen on the main page of the phone order screen. From here they can be selected to either edit, or process payment. Phone orders will be automatically removed from this view once they have been paid off.