This article will explain:
- How to transfer sales onto a debtor account
- How to view debtor accounts in WaiterMate
At the end of each trading day all accounts should be closed. However sales can be stored by using the debtor module. Firstly create the debtor and then sales may be attributed to it.
How to transfer sales onto a debtor
Once the debtor has been created, you can transfer a sale onto it. Any sales received through this method will be included in the sales report for that day.
- Process the customer’s order following the usual order taking process
- Select the ‘Pay’ icon at the bottom right of the screen
- Select ‘Customer Account’ from the payment types on the left of the screen
- Once selected, all debtors will be displayed
- Select the debtor you wish to transfer the sale to
- If required, you can search for debtors by account name, customer or date in the debtors search field
- If you selected the ‘Invoice requires note’ box, the item note screen will appear. Type your note and select OK
How to view debtors in WaiterMate
- To view the debtors, select the debtor tab from the top of the screen. The debtor can now be seen in orange indicating an outstanding balance – this means the debtor is in debit
- You can view the individual sales by selecting the debtor, then the sale and clicking on ‘View Order Details’. You also have the option to print statements.