Pay@Table allows your customers to view and pay their own bill without waiting for a staff member to help them. The customer can even split the bill if they choose to do so.
In order to offer Pay@Table to your customers, you will need to have:
- A current OrderMate support plan.
- A verified PayPal business account.
- A working internet connection at your venue.
- OrderMate 2.8.15 or above.
How the Customer Experience Works
How can I tell if a customer has paid?
- If the table has been completely paid, it will return to it's neutral colour on the table screen.
- Upon paying off the table, the customer is presented with a flashing tick on the screen of their phone. This is their proof of purchase.
- It is possible to configure an automatic receipt to print from a desired printer as soon as the customer pays on their phone. If OrderMate is not yet setup to print an automatic payoff receipt, you can do so easily in OfficeMate.
What is to stop a customer from viewing other table bills?
It is possible for a customer to enter a different table number either deliberately or by accident. There is a safe-guard in place that will prevent a customer from opening more than 3 different table bills. This will prevent customers from deliberately browsing different tables, but allow for them to mistakenly open the wrong table.
Can customers part pay or split the bill?
Yes, they certainly can! This feature if enabled will display a "Split Bill" button that will allow the customer to pay their own amount from the bill. This feature will also work in conjunction with customers paying at the counter via traditional means such as cash or card.