OrderMate stock control is an advanced stock management system that allows businesses to manage incoming and outgoing stock. Invoices are how purchased stock is brought into the system. Invoices must be entered prior to saving the stocktake for each period.
Adding a New Invoice
Invoices can be entered at any point in the stocktake period as the system will allow stock to be decremented beyond a zero balance. This means that stock that is physically brought into the venue will be successfully decremented prior to entering the invoice.
- Navigate to the invoices screen in the navigation panel in OfficeMate
- Choose the 'New' icon from the top of the invoices screen to add a new invoice. Enter the details of this invoice (as shown below)
- Choose the 'New' icon to add the stock items to be entered for this invoice
Complete the following for each stock item shown on this invoice.
- Product Code: enter a product code to search for the item if previously entered.
- Stock Item: add, edit or search for the stock item from this supplier.
- Only From Supplier: is by default enabled, however untick to see all stock items if the desired stock item is not listed as being stocked by this supplier.
- Cost: once the stock item has been selected, the price will be shown as the price set up in the stock item. These prices can be amended if required.
- Update Price: if the price has been amended choose how this price should be applied to existing stock on hand by using one of the following rules;
- Average: will update the stock on hand to a weighted average cost, and will change the purchase price for future invoices
- New: will override the cost of any existing stock on hand to this new purchase price. Typically used if the original purchase price was incorrect
- Quantity: enter the outer or unit quantities of this stock item purchased
- Bonus: enter any bonus stock so that the quantity is brought in to stock on hand. Values will be calculated as a weighted average for this invoice
- Once the details are entered, choose the green plus icon to add this item to the invoice and repeat for any other items
- Once all items have been added to the invoice, choose the red cross icon to go back to the invoice
- Choose the green tick icon to save the invoice
- If a live stocktake is open the system warn to confirm that this invoice is being entered into the correct period
Note: The system will warn of any price adjustments made to a stock item with more than a 10% variance.
Viewing Existing Invoices
- Once an invoice has been saved it can be viewed from the invoices screen
- The invoices shown in italics indicate invoices that have been entered during a previous stock take period. These invoices can be viewed however can no longer be edited
- Any invoices where the expected total and the actual or calculated total are unbalance, will be displayed in red indicating that they need to be edited. See troubleshooting unbalanced invoices to resolve
- To search for invoices, use the filters from the top of the screen and then select the green tick icon from the right of the screen to refresh
Troubleshooting Unbalanced Invoices
- Any unbalanced invoices will be displayed in red indicating that the expected total and the actual or calculated totals are not the same
- The most likely causes are;
- An incorrect expected total has been entered
- Admin, freight or discounts have not been entered
- The stock item price has unexpectedly changed and does not match
- The purchase price on the invoice does not match the entered value on the stock invoice
- An incorrect quantity has been entered for one or more items
- It is advisable that any unbalanced invoices are checked and edited to ensure that they balance prior to saving the stocktake. This is because once a stocktake has been saved, invoices can't be edited, and any correct figures will be confirmed and will effect stock on hand values