This article will explain:
- What are 'Ingredients'
- How to link Stock Items to Menu Items through Ingredients
- How to auto link Stock Items to Menu Items through Ingredients
What are Ingredients:
If using stock control, Ingredients is where you need to link the Stock Item to the Menu Item. When adding a new item to the system, it must also be created as a Stock Item and linked through the ingredients feature in OfficeMate. The system will then decrement the stock as it is sold. A Stocktake will later be conducted to compare the stock on hand with any stock brought into the system, adjusted, transferred and less any stock that has been decremented out.
1. Navigate to the ‘Ingredients’ area of OfficeMate.
2. The ingredients page will include a list of menu items sorted by menu section. Any new items or unlinked items will be shown in red
3. To link this to an existing stock item, double click on the item and choose the desired stock item and the quantity to be decremented.
1. To auto create a new stock item and to link them together, highlight the item you are wanting to create the new Stock Item for and choose the ‘Auto Link’ icon from the top of the screen. Alternatively you can choose to Auto-Link all items.
2. The stock item will now need to be edited so that the correct units can be decremented when the menu item is sold. Once the stock item is edited (Creating or Editing a Stock Item) ensure to return to the ingredients tab to set the correct usage in ‘Quantity Used’ field.