Ingredients is a feature that we use to build recipes by linking Menu Items to Stock Items so that when we sell a Menu Item in WaiterMate, we will decrement the correct amount, from the correct Stock Item.
Video Tutorial: Watch our Ingredients video tutorial - Here
Creating a Menu Item
Ingredients (Linking the Menu Item to a Stock Item)
- Navigate to the ‘Ingredients’ area of OfficeMate
- The ingredients page will include a list of menu items sorted by menu section. Any new items or unlinked items will be shown in red
- To link this to an existing stock item, double click on the item and choose the desired stock item and the quantity to be decremented
- To auto create a new stock item and to link them together, highlight the item you are wanting to create the new Stock Item for and choose the ‘Auto Link’ icon from the top of the screen.
- Alternatively you can choose to Auto-Link all items.
- The stock item will now need to be edited so that the correct units can be decremented when the menu item is sold. Once the stock item is edited (Creating or Editing a Stock Item) ensure to return to the ingredients tab to set the correct usage in ‘Quantity Used’ field.