This article will explain:
- What is a 'Stock Item'
- How to create new Stock Items
- How to edit Stock Items
- Stock Item Glossary of Terms
What is a Stock Item:
A Stock item is a name given to an item we purchase as goods. If using stock control, when adding a new item to the system, it must also be created as a stock item and linked through the Ingredients feature in OfficeMate. The system will then decrement the stock as it is sold. A Stocktake will later be conducted to compare the stock on hand with any stock brought into the system, adjusted, transferred and less any stock that has been decremented out.
1. Navigate to ‘Stock Items’ in the navigation panel
2. To edit the stock item, find the stock item from the shown list and choose the edit from the top of the screen, or double click on the item to edit.
1. To create a ‘New’ stock item, choose the new icon from the top of the screen.
2. Fill in all fields of the Stock Item
Note: Don’t forget to go back to Ingredients once the stock item has been edited to set the correct usage to be decremented.