Melways Maps is a licensed software feature that will enable the user to program streets or ‘Delivery Zones’ to determine if delivery to certain areas is allowed or prevented from within the delivery module.
· Once delivery zones has been licensed and enabled, zones can be configured so that they are customised to the venue requirements. To begin configuring delivery zones, log into OfficeMate and then search to ‘Configure Zones’ at the top of the page then select ‘Configure Zones - Configure Zones’.
· From this page the additional delivery zones can be created and edited. Select the zone and choose edit to see the ‘Edit Delivery Zones’ box as shown below. For each zone created, choose the desired policy; Allow, Warn or Prevent.
· Once the desired delivery zones have been set up, the zones will need to be assigned to each street or suburb. Begin by searching ‘Street Zoning’ and select 'Configure Zones - Street Zoning'.
· Streets can be filtered by Suburb, Postcode, Current Zone or by Street Name. Using these filters will make it easier to edit the information. To assign the desired zone to each street, choose from the drop down list in the zone column.
· Alternatively, whole suburbs or large amounts of information can be set to the same zone by first highlighting all of the information required and then choosing edit multiple. From the dialog box, choose ‘Column to change’, in this case choose ‘Zone’ and ‘Value to Set’, the desired delivery zone.
· In WaiterMate, if a user attempts to process a delivery to an address that is assigned to a ‘Warn’ zone, they will be able to change the delivery to a Pick-up order or choose back to cancel the order. Depending on the privilege level the user may be able to over-ride this warning.
· If a user selects a delivery to an address that is assigned to ‘Prevent’, they will be presented with a warning and they will only be able to change the delivery to a Pick-up order or choose back to cancel the order. They will not be able to allow the delivery.