This article will explain:
- What delivery zones are
- How to create delivery zones
- How to assign delivery zones to streets or suburbs
What are delivery zones?
Delivery Zones is a licensed software feature that will enable the user to program streets or ‘Delivery Zones’ to determine if delivery to certain areas is allowed or prevented from within the delivery module. OrderMate uses Melways maps data.
How to create delivery zones
- Contact OrderMate to license and enable the delivery zones module
- Log into OfficeMate and use the search field to search for ‘Configure Zones’
- Select ‘Configure Zones - Configure Zones’
- Select the ‘New’ icon from the top of the screen
- Label the zone and select the desired policy; Allow, Warn or Prevent. Refer to ‘WaiterMate Warnings’ further on in this article for an explanation of each policy
How to assign delivery zones to streets or suburbs
Once the desired delivery zones have been set up, the zones will need to be assigned to each street or suburb.
- In OfficeMate, search for ‘Street Zoning’ and select 'Configure Zones - Street Zoning'
- Use the filters to search for the streets or suburbs you wish to zone
- To assign the desired zone to each street, choose from the drop down list in the zone column
- Alternatively, whole suburbs or large amounts of information can be set to the same zone by first highlighting all of the information required and then choosing edit multiple. From the dialog box, choose ‘Column to change’, in this case choose ‘Zone’ and ‘Value to Set’, the desired delivery zone
- In WaiterMate, if a user attempts to process a delivery to an address that is assigned to a ‘Warn’ zone, they will be able to change the delivery to a Pick-up order or choose back to cancel the order. Depending on the privilege level the user may be able to over-ride this warning by selecting 'Allow Delivery'
- If a user attempts to process a delivery to an address that is assigned to a ‘Prevent’ zone, they will be presented with a warning and they will only be able to change the delivery to a Pick-up order or choose back to cancel the order. They will not be able to allow the delivery.