This article will explain:
- What a 'Refund' is
- How to locate a past closed account
- How to perform a Refund
What is a 'Refund':
A Refund is when a customer has purchased items, but needs to have their payment reversed. This can be done easily in WaiterMate by opening the closed account and then removing one or more items from it and reversing the payment.
The benefit of finding the closed account is that an amended tax invoice can be produced for the customer.
Note: This feature can only be accessed depending on the permission level for the user.
Step 1 - Find the Closed Account
1. Select the 'System Admin' icon in WaiterMate
2. In the 'Daily Tasks' tab, select the 'Closed Accounts' button
3. Choose the relevant date using the arrows
4. Choose the 'Account Type' for the desired closed account
4. Use the following filters to narrow down the search for the closed account by selecting the;
- Date Range
- Amount (Approximate amount)
- Eftpos Code
Account Type Icon
- Choose the account type (choose multiple if unsure)
Payment Type Icon
- Choose all of the possible (choose multiple if unsure)
5. Select the 'Closed Account' from the list once found
Step 2 - Choose the items to be Refunded
1. Select the 'Refund' icon from the closed account
2. Confirm the intention to process a refund
If the stock control module is enabled, choose if the items are to be wasted or not
3. Select the item(s) to be refunded
4. Select the 'Ok icon
Step 3 - Process the Reverse Payment
The original payment to this account will be shown. The 'Amount Due' will be a negative amount.
1. Select the desired payment type to return the payment to the customer ie. Savings Acc
2. Process the payment
The original payment will be shown and the refunded payment will be shown as a negative payment on the next line. The amount due will become zero.