The purpose of ‘Bistro Mode’ is to enable multiple orders to be placed on the same table and paid for as each customer orders, yet printed on the same prep dockets.
Without ‘Bistro Mode’ every time orders are placed onto a table and saved, a prep docket will be sent to the printer. Bistro mode is a feature that is used only within the table mode and can be configured for individual terminals.
Step 1 - Placing the Order
1. To place an order on a table, select the desired table number from the table screen.
2. Order the desired menu item(s) by selecting on the menu section from the left of the screen, then by choosing the menu item that is required.
It will now be visible on the right hand side of the screen as the order. Repeat until all of the items for this customer have been ordered.
Step 2 - Making the Payments
1. To pay for these items before ordering for the next customer from the same table, choose the pay icon from the bottom of the screen
2. Follow the usual payment process
3. Select the ‘Ok’ icon from the bottom right hand side of the screen
You will be returned to the pay screen shown below. The payment made will be shown and the balance will be $0.00.
- Once ‘Save’ has been chosen from the pay screen, the operator will be asked if there are any more customers to serve for this account. Choose ‘Yes’ to continue to place orders.
Step 3 – Ordering additional items
1. Additional items can be ordered as described in Step 1.
Note: The original ‘Paid’ items will be shown in blue to indicate that they have been paid for but not yet printed. The items shown in blue cannot be edited as they have already been paid for.
Step 4 – Additional payments
1. Additional payments can be made by selecting the pay icon as per in Step 2. These payments will be listed on the payment screen separately.
Step 5 – Finalising the Order
1. Repeat the above steps until all of the customers for this table have ordered.
2. Once the last order has been placed choose ‘No’ when presented with the question ‘Are any more customers to serve for this account?’
3. The account will now be closed and any prep dockets will be printed to the allocated printers on prep dockets as if ordered in the same order.