This article will explain:
- What the Reconciliation feature allows you to do
- How to complete a Reconciliation in OfficeMate
What does the Reconciliation feature allow you to do?
The daily reconciliation feature in OfficeMate allows you to balance each cash drawers’ totals against the systems takings totals.
Sometimes referred to as ‘Cashing Up’.
How to complete a Reconciliation
Step 1 - Print the Takings Report
Before beginning reconciliation, print the WaiterMate takings reports by choosing the ‘System Admin’ icon from the bottom right of any screen.
Ensure that the ‘Takings - This Terminal’ and ‘Takings – All Cashdrawers’ have a tick icon before printing the reports.
Step 2 - Enter Takings Information
- Exit WaiterMate and log in to OfficeMate
- Navigate to ‘Reconciliation’ - This can be found in the ‘Daily Tasks’ folder.
2. Select the ‘New’ icon located on the toolbar at the top of the screen.
3. Choose the date and shift to be reconciled from the drop down menu. This will usually be today's date although it is possible to go back and enter reconciliations for previous dates.
4. Each cash drawer will be displayed on its own line so that each cash drawer can be reconciled separately. Totals of each field will be displayed across this line once complete.
5. Begin by double clicking on the box below the heading ‘Float’.
Enter the float amount in this field only if the total cash includes this figure. If this amount has been physically separated prior to counting the totals it is not required in this field.
6. Enter any over rings in into the next field to account for any errors.
Over rings should be entered as a total for each cash drawer. Please note that this will amend takings in reconciliation only and not adjust any sales associated. (See processing a refund or deleting menu items as a preference.)
7. Cash totals can then be added in the actual cash field.
Totals will be tallied per denomination and also displayed as ‘Total Cash’, total ‘Float’ and ‘Total Cash Less Float’.
8. The petty cash field is used to account for anything purchased with cash from the cash drawer during the day or shift.
Receipts should be entered in individually by entering the receipt details and amounts, then selecting ‘Add’ before entering the next receipt. A total of all of the petty cash receipts will be shown for each cash drawer.
9. If the system has integrated EFTPOS, card totals can be found on the ‘Takings This Terminal’ printout from WaiterMate. If the system has an independent EFTPOS terminal, see the provider for instructions on how to access your summary or sub totals.
Enter these figure into the credit fields. They can be separated out (as shown) or entered as a whole figure.
10. Any cash out that has been processed can be reconciled separately to the other EFTPOS transactions. Add totals per cash drawers.
11. Integrated web payments are entered into the ‘Web’ field as a total. Web totals can be found on the WaiterMate report ‘Takings - This Terminal’.
12. Tips should be entered per denomination, but will be shown as a combined total on the cash drawer.
Handy Hint: Any cash drawer skims that have been processed will have already been deducted from the expected cash totals and will be displayed in the shown box below. The Time, Cash drawer, User, Unit and Amount will be displayed separately for each skim.
Step 3 - View the results and Variances
Once all of the information has been entered, the totals will be displayed as below. A variance of $0.00 is the desired result.
1. Tick ‘Show Variance’ to see any variances per terminal, per payment type.
2. Tick ‘Show System Totals’ to see the totals per cash drawer.
3. Tick ‘Show Users’ to see any users that have edited the reconciliation for each cash drawer.
Step 4 - Finalise the Reconciliation
Mark the reconciliation complete by choosing the ‘Mark as Completed' Icon and confirming that reconciliation is complete.
You can add your name against the reconciliation by selecting the 'Signature' icon and entering your name and date.
A copy of the reconciliation page can be printed by choosing the ‘Print Screen’ icon.
Your reconciliation is now complete.