This article will explain:
- What equipment is required
- How to connect the cabling
Please see here for how to Configure a Caller ID Unit in OfficeMate
What equipment is required
To wire up the caller ID unit you require the following cables and components (this guide assumes that you are using a 2 port caller ID and have 2 incoming phone lines):
- 1 x 2 Port Whozz Calling? POS Caller ID Unit
- 1 x Network Switch
- 2 x Network Cables**
- 2 x RJ11/12 Phone Splitters
- 6 x Phone Cables**
Please Note: The length of these cables will depend on how far away one component is from the other. The diagram below should be followed as a point of reference as to how long these cables should be.
Connecting the Cabling
- Plug 2 of the phone cables into the incoming phone points on the wall.
- Plug each of these phone cables into the end of the phone splitter that only has 1 jack.
- Plug one 1 of the phone cables going from the other end of the phone splitter into the caller ID unit. Do this for the other splitter as well (ports will be labeled line 1 & 2)
- Use the remaining 2 phone cables to now connect the phones to the splitters.
- Connect a network cable from the LAN port on the back of the caller ID unit into the network switch.
- Make sure there is a network cable leading from the network switch to the OrderMate server (this should have been done during installation of the system).
Please see the diagram below for further information: