This article will explain:
- Image format requirements
- Image location requirements
- How to add the Image to the Ingredients page in Waitermate
- How to view the Image in Waitermate
What is the Image in the Ingredients page on Waitermate used for:
An image can be added to the ingredients page from the modifier screen in WaiterMate. Often this is used to show a staff member how the finished product should look once it is prepared for the customer. This is often used in conjunction with the recipe feature from the same screen.
Step 1 - Creating or Editing the Images
1. The actual image will need to be created using external software such as photoshop.
2. Save the image as either a .jpg or .png file.
Handy Hint - ensure the saved file name does not contain spaces or symbols.
Step 2 - Saving the Images
1. Once the image has been created, it will need to be saved in the webstart directory on a terminal.
2. The path should be: C:\Program Files\OrderMate\Apache Group\htdocs\Webstart. As shown below for the example image e.g. Aviation.jpg
Step 3 - Assigning the Image to the Item in OfficeMate
1. Navigate to the 'Items' screen in OfficeMate. From this screen choose show extended view to show the 'Ingredient Icon' column.
2. Type the following path into the field; http://computer name/webstart/image name and file extension. Eg: http://ordermate/webstart/Aviation.jpg (as shown below)
Handy Hint - to determine the computer name right click on my computer and select properties.
Step 4 - Viewing the image in WaiterMate
1. Once the changes have been made, WaiterMate will require to be restarted.
2. From the modifier screen choose the ingredient icon.