‘Coupons’ is a feature in the OrderMate software that can be used in conjunction with combos or price adjustments to track or limit availability of offers presented to customers. Coupons can either be assigned to a customer through the system or physical coupons can be generated using external software and given to the customers. Coupons are designed to enhance the features within the OrderMate software to develop marketing solutions. Once the license has been purchased, the technical department at OrderMate will need to enable the feature.
Step 1: Create the Coupon
Begin by logging into OfficeMate
Navigate to the ‘Coupons’ screen in the navigation panel
Select the ‘New’ icon located on the tool bar at the top left of the screen
Select if this coupon will be a Combo coupon or a Price Adjustment coupon. If a Combo coupon is being created, a Combo will first need to be created in OfficeMate (see the guide to Setting up Combos). This is not required for a discount or ‘Price Adjustment’ coupon.
If it is a Combo coupon, choose the appropriate Combo, then select ok
If it is a Price Adjustment coupon, select either percentage or dollar amount and the value, then select ok
The details of the coupon will be visible as shown below
- Label – the name of the coupon that will appear in WaiterMate and in coupon reports
- Description – a brief description of the coupon can be entered which will be available to view in WaiterMate before the coupon is redeemed
- Is local? – indicates whether the coupon was created at the venue or at head office. In this example the coupon is being created at the venue. This field will auto fill
- Active/Deleted – the state of this coupon. This field will auto fill
- Created – the date that this coupon was created. This field will auto fill
- Sequence – the order that the coupons will be displayed in WaiterMate if the customer has more than one coupon assigned
- Maximum Uses – how many times this coupon can be used in total
- Maximum Uses Per Period – how many times this coupon can be used within the period selected in the field below
- Period Unit – the period in which the coupon can be used a maximum number of times. Can be a day, hour, week, fortnight, month, quarter or year
- Mutually Exclusive – if selected, this coupon will not be able to be used in the same transaction as any other coupon or used multiple times within the transaction
- Auto Assign to Customers? - if selected, whenever a new customer is created in WaiterMate or OfficeMate they will automatically have this coupon assigned to them, dependant on the triggers attached below.
- Use Existing Items? For combo coupons. If selected, items can be ordered individually onto an account and when the coupon is activated the option will appear to put those items into the combo. If un selected the user would need to order the combo items when the coupon is activated.
- Commences – the date this coupon commences
- Expires – the date this coupon expires
- Trigger Activation – If multiple triggers are attached, choose if ‘All Triggers’ or ‘Any Triggers’ are required to activate this coupon
- Triggers – attach any triggers required to activate this coupon by selecting ‘Add’ or ‘Remove’
- Auto Gen Triggers - triggers required to auto assign this coupon to a customer when the customer is created
- Select ok to save changes
Step 2: Generate the Coupon Code or Assign the Coupon to Customers
Coupons can be given to customers in two ways. Coupons can be assigned to a customer by selecting an existing customer in the system. Or physical coupon codes can be generated which are used by an external software to create a paper coupon. These coupons are then given to existing or prospective customers and they must bring them into the venue to redeem them.
Option A: Generate the Coupon Code
Navigate to the ‘Coupons Admin’ screen in OfficeMate
Select the coupon you wish to generate from the drop down box near the top of the screen
Select the ‘Generate’ icon located on the tool bar at the top of the screen
Input how many coupons you would like to generate
A list of coupons will then appear with unique numbers which can be used to make a barcode/QR code. A prefix is required in order for the system to recognise this code as a coupon. Select a prefix from the drop down box located at the top right of the screen
Option B: Assign the Coupon to Customers
Navigate to the ‘Customers’ screen in OfficeMate
Highlight the customers whom this coupon is to be assigned to
Select the ‘Assign Coupon’ icon located on the tool bar at the top right of the screen
Choose the coupon to be assigned and select ok
Select the ‘Save’ icon located on the tool bar at the top of the screen
Step 3: Redeem the Coupon
Coupons can be redeemed two different ways depending on if the coupon has been assigned to a customer or if physical coupons have been created.
Redeeming Coupons Assigned to Customers:
To redeem a coupon that is assigned to a customer the customer’s card must first be swiped or the customer selected from the customers screen.
Once the customer has been selected a popup will display on the screen showing the coupons that the customer has available to them. If a customer currently has no coupons available to them, no popup will display on the WaiterMate screen.
When the available coupons are displayed on the screen, the staff member has the option to either redeem one of the available coupons by selecting it; or press okay to choose not to redeem a coupon.
If this coupon was created using a Combo, the Combo creation screen will appear after the coupon has been selected. Items can then be selected that the customer wishes to order as part of this Combo.
If the coupon was created using a Price Adjustment, the Price Adjustment will be applied to the entire account after the coupon has been selected, whether this is a dollar or percentage discount.
Redeeming Paper Coupons:
Paper coupons can take any form provided that they have a QR code displayed on them that is compatible with the WaiterMate software.
To redeem the coupon, scan the QR code on the coupon with a barcode scanner that is connected to the terminal that the sale will be processed on (this barcode scanner must be able to scan QR codes).
If this coupon was created using a Combo, the Combo creation screen will appear after the QR code is scanned. Items can then be selected that the customer wishes to order as part of this Combo.
If the coupon was created using a Price Adjustment, the Price Adjustment will be applied to the entire account after the QR code has been scanned, whether this is a dollar or percentage discount.