OrderMate stock control is an advanced stock management system that allows businesses to manage incoming and outgoing stock. The actual stocktake is an important part of the process as it is how the actual stock on hand is recorded.
Opening a Stocktake
The OrderMate stock control system operates a 'Live Stocktake'. This means that stocktakes can be conducted during trade and any count recorded will be adjusted by stock that is decremented prior to saving the stock take.
- Navigate to the stocktake screen in the navigation panel in OfficeMate
- From the stocktake screen select the 'New Stocktake' icon from the top of the screen
- Once the stocktake has been opened, it will be seen as (Live) from the search field as below
- If a live stocktake was created in error, it can be deleted by choosing the 'Delete Live Stockake' icon below. A saved stocktake can not be deleted
- The following columns will be displayed on the stocktake screen
- Stock Item - the name of the stock item is displayed.
- Stock Area: the stock area that this stock item is assigned to.
- Expected Quantity: the current system stock count.
- Outer Quantity: the outer quantities of stock items counted.
- Unit Quantity: the unit quantities of stock items counted.
- Actual Quantity: the total of the outer quantity and the unit quantity.
- Valuation Value: the actual quantity multiplied by the stock purchase price including GST.
- Valuation Value Ex: the actual quantity multiplied by the stock purchase price excluding GST.
- Variance: the difference between the expected quantity and the actual quantity.
- Variance Value: the variance multiplied by the stock purchase price including GST.
- Variance Value Ex: the variance multiplied by the stock purchase price excluding GST.
Customising the View for Stock Sheets
Any of these columns can be hidden by clicking the small icon from the right of the headings and deselecting the columns that are required to be hidden.
- The view can also be filtered by selecting from the drop down menus or the tick boxes shown below
- StockTake: previous stocktakes can be viewed from this drop down menu.
- Stock Area: each stock area will be shown separately. Choose the drop down to view other stock areas
- Filter By: choose from the drop down to view;
- Show All: will display all stock items for this stock area
- Recorded: will only display items with values entered into either outer or unit quantity fields
- Not Recorded: only uncounted will be visible
- Variance Only: will show any items with values entered resulting in a difference between the physical count and the expected quantity
- Show Expected Qty: by unticking this field the expected quantity column will be hidden for stock sheets
- Group by Stock Group: stock items will be grouped within the stock group they are assigned to To sort by other columns, untick this fields and then select on the heading of the desired column
Entering the Stock Count
- Stock sheets can be printed by choosing the print icon from the top of the screen
- A stock count can be entered directly into the outer quantity and unit quantity fields from the stocktake screen in OfficeMate (as shown below) or by using our StockMate iOS App
Finalising the Stock on Hand Values
Prior to completing a stocktake, it is important to make sure that anything that could effect the stock on hand totals during this stocktake period have also been completed.
- These tasks include:
Note: It is also advisable to check for and to troubleshoot any variances after completing all of the above but prior to proceeding to the next step.
Save and Update the Stocktake
- Once the stock count has been entered, all uncounted items can be set to zero by choosing the 'Set Empty to Zero' icon
- This should only be done if there is physically no stock on hand for these items
- Once all the count has been finalised and all of the related tasks have been performed, the stocktake is ready to be saved
- Choose the 'Save and Update' icon as shown below
- The following dialog box will be shown to confirm saving the stocktake. Once a stocktake has been saved, it can not be edited
- Finally, if there are any stock items that still have no count entered the following dialog box will confirm if all of these items need to be set to zero
- Choose 'Yes' to set to zero if there is physically no stock for these items or;
- Choose 'No' to set leave them as uncounted stock. They will retain their expected quantity from previous stocktakes
- Choose 'Cancel' to return to the stocktake screen