In this article you will learn:
- What are the ways to set up surcharges?
- How to set a manual surcharge for a Public Holiday
- How to set an automatic surcharges for Public Holidays
What are the ways to set up surcharges?
Setting up a surcharge in OrderMate is really easy, and one of the more common questions that comes up! Like everything, there are two ways to achieve this:
- Enabling an "Ad-Hoc" daily surcharge from WaiterMate
- Creating a surcharge which is triggered only on dates that you pre-define with triggers from OfficeMate
While the former option has the benefit that it is so quick and easy to enable, the latter is often better as it doesn't rely on someone remembering to setup the surcharge at the start of the trading day.
Option 1 - Ad-Hoc Daily Surcharges (Manual)
- Log into WaiterMate
- Select System Admin
- Select Daily Surcharge/Discount
- Select 'Click to set up surcharge or discount'
- Select Surcharge
- Select whether you would like a Percentage discount or a Dollar Amount surcharge
- Add the value in the 'Amount' button
- Select 'OK'.
This surcharge will now apply to every order put through the POS until the end of the day. It will automatically be disabled for tomorrow's trading day.
Option 2 - Automatic Surcharges
We recommend this as it doesn't rely on someone remembering to setup the surcharge at the start of the trading day, and is implemented automatically.
Step 1 - Add Public Holiday Triggers
- Log into OfficeMate
- Navigate to 'Triggers'
- Select the add button to create a new trigger
- Name after the relevant Public Holidays
- Select 'DateTrigger' under 'Type'
- Select the Start and End Dates and Times of your surcharges
- Select the 'Tick' button to save
Handy Hint: You can create a new trigger for each public holiday here. This will help you later!
Step 2 - Set up the Public Holiday Surcharge
- Navigate to 'Surcharges'
- Select Percentage or Dollar Amount for your surcharge. Typically this will be a Percentage amount for a public holiday, but this is up to you!
- Select 'New' at the top
- Enter the name of the surcharge. 'Public Holiday' will do
- Input a value in the Percentage/Dollar Sign box
- Input a value in to the 'Cap Amount' if there is a value of surcharge over which you would not like to charge. For example, if you would never like to charge more than $50 in surcharges on public holidays, put $50 here. You can leave it blank too, which will allow unlimited surcharging.
- Under 'Triggers' un-select 'Default' and select the relevant Public Holiday Triggers you just created:
- Select 'OK'
- Under 'Trigger Activation Strategy' select 'Any Triggers' - this means that this surcharge can be activated on any of the public holidays triggers you attached above
- Select 'Automatic' - this means it will be automatically activated in the POS on those days
- Untick 'Displayable' if you don't want this to appear in the POS - it's unlikely you'll need this as this surcharge will apply automatically on the triggered days
Surcharges save automatically, so no need to save here. You are all done. Surcharges will now apply for the triggered dates you set up!