Combos are designed to offer your customers a bundle or combination of items for a set price. Combos come in 4 flavours:
|Flat Price Combo||Applies a flat price to the selected items within the combo.
"Buy any Coffee and any Cake for $8.50"
|Free Item Combo||When a particular item or group of items is ordered, allow the customer to choose a particular item for free.
"Get a free House Wine with any Main Meal purchased"
|Buy X Get One Free Combo||Give the customer a selection of items, from which the cheapest one will be free.
"Get two Main Meals for the price of one"
|Discount Combo||The customer gets offered a set discount when certain items are ordered.
"Get 20% off when your order 4 or more Pizzas"
|Plain Combo||Simply groups the items, but doesn't alter the price.
A Seafood Platter that is made up of several different full priced seafood items.
Creating a Combo
In OfficeMate, navigate to "Combos" under Maintenance / Menu.
Click "New" on the toolbar.
SETUP YOUR BASIC COMBO SETTINGS:
- Select the desired combo "Type".
- Give your combo a "Name". This will identify your combo on the receipt for your customers, and also within your OfficeMate reports.
- If you would like, set a "Short Name" for your combo. This will print on the prep dockets after each individual item within the combo.
- Tick "Show in menu" if you would like a button for your combo in WaiterMate.
- Select "Auto Create" to prompt the staff using the POS when a combo can be made.
- Select "Upgradable" to allow for one item to be upgraded to a combo deal.
SETUP YOUR COMBO GROUPS:
In our coffee & cake example, we are going to need 2 combo groups:
- Coffee (in which the customer can choose one from any hot drink)
- Cake (in which the customer can choose one from any cake)
- Click on the " + " (Add) icon to add a new combo group.
- Enter a "Name" for your combo group.
- Set the "Min" and "Max" quantity that is allowed to be selected within this combo group. Setting this to Min:1, Max:1 will allow the customer to choose only one coffee item.
- You can now add items to your combo group by either including whole "Sections", or individual "Items". In this example, we're simply adding the Coffee section, which means that the customer will be able to choose any item within that section.
- Click "Ok" to add this combo group to your combo.
NOTE: Adding a "price add" to certain items within a combo group can be a good way to include premium items. A price add will increase the cost of a flat priced combo.
To setup the "Cake" combo group simply repeat the steps above, but select the desired cake section or individual items.
Once you have created your combo groups, you can sequence them. This will determine the order the staff member is prompted to make the selections in WaiterMate.
You should then set the price for a flat priced combo and press "Ok".
- If you have setup a Discount Combo, you will need to select the discount instead of a flat price.
- If you have setup a Free Item Combo, you will need to select which combo group contains the free item selection.
- If you have decided to use "Show in Menu" for your combo, you can set the colour and sequence of the button in WaiterMate.
- You can set the system state to be ACTIVE or INACTIVE to enable or disable the combo.
- You can add triggers to your combo to enable it or disable it under different conditions.