This article will explain:
- What a 'Delivery' Phone Order is
- How to place a 'Delivery' Phone Order
- How to set customers to 'Delivery' Orders
- How to assign drivers to 'Delivery' Orders
- How to settle deliveries
What is a 'Pickup' Phone Order:
The delivery module is a licensed software feature that is used in conjunction with phone orders. This feature enables the user to store the address and phone number of the customers, to automatically add a delivery fee if required and to keep track of the orders delivered by each of the delivery drivers.
Step 1 - Processing a Phone Delivery Order
1. Select the ‘Phone’ tab from the top of the screen, then the ‘New Delivery Order’ icon from the bottom of the screen
2. Find the customer.
If the customer is an existing customer in the database, they can be selected from the list on the right of the screen. The search function on the left can be used to find a customer by typing in their details in any of the search fields.
3. If the customer is a new customer, their details will need to be entered by selecting the ‘Add Customer’ icon from the lower right of the screen.
When selecting ‘Add Customer’ the following screen will display:
4. The menu screen will now display. Select from the menu sections down the left of the screen to find the items you wish to order, and order as normal. Select 'Save' once all items have been ordered.
5. The next screen asks for confirmation of the date and time that the order is due.
The system will automatically default to today’s date and ‘NOW’ as the time. The date can be changed by selecting the calendar on the left or the time by selecting the arrows on the right. In this screen a comment can also be added to the prep docket, and the order can be changed to a Pickup order if required.
6. Select 'Ok' to save and send this order to the printers
If the customer wishes to pay over the phone, the payment can be processed at the time the order is placed, by following the usual payment process.
Once the payment has been completed and 'Save' selected, the date and time screen will display the same as with an unpaid order.
Paying upon Delivery
If the customer wishes to pay cash upon delivery, this will be addressed further on in this article.
Step 2 - Viewing the orders in WaiterMate
Once saved, the order will be visible in the ‘Phone’ tab.
The order displays the customer name and address, the time due and the total amount due. Note that if the customer has already paid over the phone, the amount due will be $0 and the order will be shaded grey.
Pick-up phone orders will also display in this screen and can be distinguished from delivery orders by the icon; either a house for delivery or a phone for pick-up.
The way these orders are displayed can be changed by selecting the ‘Sort’ icon from the bottom of the screen. They can be sorted by 'Time Created' or 'Time Due'.
Step 3 - Assigning Orders to a Driver
Orders can be assigned to a driver in the system. This enables the user to keep track of which driver has which orders and the amount of cash that the driver will collect from the customer. The driver must first be clock on in the system.
1. Clock on by logging into WaiterMate, selecting 'System Admin' then 'Clock On/Off' and selecting 'Clock On'.
2. A prompt screen will ask the driver to confirm their float amount.
*Handy Tip: ensure ‘Delivery Driver’ is ticked in the users screen in OfficeMate to enable a user as a driver.
The driver is now ready to be assigned orders.
Assigning Drivers to a Delivery
1. In the Phone screen, select the ‘Drivers’ icon
3. This will display a list of drivers who are currently clocked on in the system, select the appropriate driver and then select the ‘Assign Delivery’ icon at the bottom of the screen
4. This will display a list of unassigned delivery orders, select the orders you wish to assign to this driver and then select ‘Ok’. These orders are now assigned to this driver. Select ‘Ok’ to go back to the Phone screen.
Step 4 - Returning the Driver
Once the driver returns from delivering the orders, they must be returned in the system.
1. Select ‘Drivers’, then choose the driver, then select the ‘Driver Returned’ icon from the bottom of the screen
2. Select ‘Ok’ to confirm the return of the deliveries
3. The driver can be assigned deliveries and returned in this way as many times as is required throughout the shift.
Note: Some venues manually record the deliveries assigned to each driver and assign them in WaiterMate only at the end of the shift if time does not permit during the shift.
Step 5 - Settling the deliveries
Once the driver finishes their shift, their deliveries need to be settled.
1. From the ‘Drivers’ screen, select the driver, then the ‘Settle Deliveries’ icon from the bottom of the screen.
2. This will display a list of the deliveries for this driver with the float amount and total amount of cash on hand at the bottom of the screen.
Any orders which have already been paid previous to delivery will still appear in this screen, however the amount will not be included in the total.
3. Select the ‘Pay’ icon to settle these deliveries. The driver will hand over the necessary cash.
4. A prompt will then display asking if the driver would like to be clocked off. Select 'Ok' or 'No'
5. A driver summary can be printed by select the 'Print Driver Summary' icon from the bottom of the screen. This report will show all orders delivered by this driver with the total payment, clock on and off times, and a pay summary.