This article will explain:
- What are 'Stock Groups'
- How to create new Stock Groups
- How to create new Stock Subgroups
- How to rename and delete Stock Groups
What is a Stock Group:
Stock groups are used to logically order our stock items to make them easy to find if they need to be edited and are also how the stock items are displayed in some of the stock reports.When setting up a stock item using the OrderMate stock control system, it must be assigned to a stock group or Stock Subgroup.
Handy Hint: It’s always good to set up your stock groups with a parent folder and child folders to allow more comprehensive reporting. Eg. Parent Folder would be ‘Wine’ with sub folders of ‘Red Wine’, White Wine and Sparkling Wine to allow you to filter your stock reports by all wine, or individual wines.
Step 1 – Setting Up Stock Groups
1. Navigate to Stock Items in the navigation panel in OfficeMate
2. Right Click on 'All' and Click new
3. Rename ‘No Label’ to Group Name
Handy Hint: Stock groups will be displayed in alphabetical order however, using Numbers in front of the Stock Group name will allow you to sequence the group in a desired order.
Step Two – Setting up Sub Stock Groups
1. Right Click on Parent folder that you would like to assign a cub folder and click New
2. Rename ‘No Label’ to Subgroup Name
Step Three – Renaming Stock Groups
1. Right Click on Stock Group you would like to change the name of
2. Click Rename and enter new name
Step Four – Deleting Stock Groups
1. Right Click on Stock Group you would like to remove
2. Click Delete
Note: Before deleting Stock Groups, you will need to ensure that all stock items assigned to this group have been moved to another stock group.