It may be necessary to set up a menu item that allows the price to be determined at the time that it is ordered. These 'Open Priced' menu items are often used for specials that regularly change prices or for miscellaneous items.
Step 1 - Create a New Item
1. Navigate to 'Items' in the navigation panel in Officemate
2. Select the 'New' icon and complete the following for the item;
- Menu section
- Printer Group
- Price (it is important to leave this at $0 for an open priced item)
- Tax Code
3. Select the 'Save' icon
Step 2 - Show Extended View
1. From the righthand side of the screen, select 'Show Extended View' to open some additional columns
2. Find the field labeled 'Open Price' by using the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen, and click in the field to tick the box
3. If you want to prompt for an item name also, simply press the "Auto Item Note" tickbox also.
4. Select the Save' icon
As soon as this item is ordered in WaiterMate, a keypad will prompt the user to enter the price to be charged to for this item.