Cashdrawer skims are performed to reduce the amount of cash kept in the cashdrawer at any one time. Usually this done as a security precaution and allows for the amount of cash that has been removed to be pre-counted and recorded for later reconciliation of the days takings.
Step 1 - How to perform or view Cashdrawer Skim in WaiterMate
WaiterMate cashdrawer skims is a quick and easy was to reduce the cash level of the cashdrawer at any time during the shift. Cashdrawer skims is a function in the 'System admin' area of WaiterMate and users will need the required level of permission to be able to perform this task.
- Log into WaiterMate using your usual log in method
- Navigate to 'System Admin' from the bottom right hand side of the screen
- Select 'Daily Tasks' from the tabs across the top of the screen
- Select the 'Cashdrawer Skims' icon
- Select 'Skim Cashdrawer'
- Select Cash and then enter the amount of cash required and then the 'OK' icon
- To view this skim or previous skims select the 'View Skims' icon
Step 2 - How to perform or view a Cashdrawer Skim in OfficeMate
Cashdrawer skims can also be recorded in OfficeMate and is often used as a more secure way to count the amount skimmed so that large amounts of cash are not being counted in front of the patrons of the venue.
- Log into OfficeMate using your usual log in method
- Navigate to 'Daily Tasks' in the navigation panel
- Select 'Reconciliation'
- 'Cashdrawer Skims' are shown in a dialog box in the centre of the screen.
- View cashdrawer skims by clicking on existing skim shown or;
- Add a cashdrawer skim by selecting the 'Add' icon
- Cashdrawer skims can also be removed if the cash is returned to the cashdrawer by selecting the 'Delete icon'
For information on Waitermate Reports, please click here.
For information on Reconciliation, please click here.