To connect to your POS remotely from a Windows PC or laptop, an OrderMate team member will need to send you a hamachi setup link.
Note that this must be requested in an email by an owner of the business that we have on record.
You will receive an email from an OrderMate customer service team member. The email will contain a hamachi setup link, and a .RDP file.
- You will receive an email from our customer service team with an attachment and a link.
- Save the .RDP file from the email, to your desktop (you'll need this later).
- Click the hamachi setup link and follow the instructions. This will install the hamachi client software on your computer and guide you through the process.
- Once installed, ensure that the hamachi software is running and connected to your OrderMate POS server. To do this, click the hamachi icon in the system tray and make sure it appears powered on and connected.
- To connect to your OrderMate POS server, double-click on the .RDP file you saved in step 1.
If you're having trouble connecting, please check the following:
- Ensure that the Hamachi icon appears in the system tray with a "Ready" status.
- Check that your internet connection is working (try and visit any web page to verify this).
- Make sure that the internet is online at your venue running OrderMate.
If all of this fails to resolve your issue, please contact OrderMate via firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our team members will be able to remotely diagnose and assist you.