At the end of each trading day all accounts should be closed, however sales can be stored by using the debtor module. Firstly create the Debtor and then sales will be able to be added to it. Later statements can be issued and Payments made to it.
Step 1: Making a payment to a Debtor
Once the debtor has been created, a payment can be made pre or post sales. Any payments received through this method will be included in the takings of the day that the payment is made. The following explains how payments can be received through WaiterMate.
- Select on the debtor and then select the ‘Pay’ icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the method of payment. The ‘Paid’ amount will automatically be the balance of the debtor.
- If required, change the ‘Paid’ figure to the required amount by selecting the box and typing in the required amount.
- Change the ‘Amount Tendered’ figure to the payment amount.
- Finally, click OK to confirm the payment and Save
If the customer paid using electronic transfer into your bank account, you can record it through WaiterMate.
- Process the customer’s order following the usual order taking process.
- When it is time for the customer to pay, select the ‘Pay’ icon to go to the pay screen.
- Select ‘Debit’ and click on ‘Internet Prepayment’
- You need to change the ‘Paid’ figure to the required amount by selecting the box and typing in the amount received.
Debtors with a ‘$0’ balance are not automatically deleted. They also cannot be deleted from WaiterMate. To delete any debtors, firstly make sure the balance is ‘$0’ and then open OfficeMate and delete them from the debtor page.