At the end of each trading day all accounts should be closed, however sales can be stored by using the debtor module to be paid at a later date.
Step 1: Creating the Debtor
Prior to receiving any payments or transferring sales to a Debtor, you will need to create a debtor 'account' first. The following explains how this can be done from WaiterMate.
- In WaiterMate, select the Debtor Tab from the top of the screen.
- Select on the ‘New’ icon at the bottom right of the screen.
Once selected the following box will be displayed and can be edited as explained below:
- Account Name - is used to identify the debtor both in WaiterMate and in OfficeMate
- Account Group - choose an existing group, or create a new group to search for or to report by.
- Credit Limit - this should set to the maximum limit you allow the customer to go into debit
- Invoice Requires Note - when sales are transferred to the debtor, the staff will be presented with a keyboard to write a note, if this field is selected. This functionality may be useful for a ‘Hotel’ type debtors where you can add the customer’s room number and charge it to the hotel.
- If you would to attached the sales history to a customer, select Add Customer to this Debtor (optional). You can add a new customer or select an existing customer.
- Select OK to confirm the set up.
- Select the ‘Show All Debtors’ icon at the bottom left of the screen to refresh the debtors list.
- The debtor will be shown with a balance of $0.00. However, as sales are transferred into this debtors account, the amount will change accordingly. The maximum limit will also be displayed here.