Pre-set ‘Surcharges’ can be set up in OfficeMate for use in the WaiterMate screens. They will be displayed as buttons on the surcharge screen and can be of varied values of either dollar amounts or percentages.
Creating the Surcharge
Navigate to the Surcharge screen in OfficeMate.
Choose to create a ‘Dollar’ amount or ‘Percentage’ amount surcharge from the drop down menu as shown.
Choose the ‘New’ icon to create the surcharge. Each surcharge will then be displayed on its own line and can be edited from this screen by clicking on the desired field to edit.
Surcharges Broken Down
- Name the ‘Surcharge’ in the label field. This will be displayed on the surcharge button and on the tax invoice. Each surcharge will then be reported separately by each of the surcharge names.
- Enter the desired amount for the surcharge.
- If multiple triggers have been allocated to this surcharge, the ‘Trigger Activation Strategy’ determines if all of these triggers or just any one of them make this surcharge applicable.
- Setting a trigger to the surcharge will allow the surcharge to be only active under conditions of the trigger (See ‘Setting up Triggers’)
- A surcharge can be set to ‘Automatic’ under the trigger conditions by simply ticking the box. (Be careful not to choose this if the only trigger attached is the ‘Default’ trigger. This would mean that this surcharge would be permanently active.)
- By ticking the displayable box, this surcharge will show on the Tax Invoice.
- It is possible to colour the surcharge buttons on the WaiterMate screen by ticking the ‘Show Colours’ box and then selecting the desired colour.
- Changing the sequence number of the surcharge will change the display order of the surcharge on the WaiterMate screen.
Applying a Surcharge in WaiterMate
Non automatic surcharges are be applied from the ‘Pay’ screen.
Percentage and Dollar amount surcharges are separated into separate tabs. Choose the desired tab to find the required surcharge.