To wire up the caller ID unit you require the following cables and components (this guide assumes that you are using a 2 port caller ID and have 2 incoming phone lines):
1 x 2 Port Whozz Calling? POS Caller ID Unit
1 x Network Switch
2 x Network Cables**
2 x RJ11/12 Phone Splitters
6 x Phone Cables**
**The length of these cables will depend on how far away one component is from the other. The diagram below should be followed as a point of reference as to how long these cables should be.
Connecting the Cabling
- Plug two (2) of the phone cables into the incoming phone points on the wall.
- Plug each of these phone cables into the end of the phone splitter that only has one (1) jack.
- Plug one (1) of the phone cables going from the other end of the phone splitter into the caller ID unit. Do this for the other splitter as well (ports will be labeled line 1 & 2)
- Use the remaining two (2) phone cables to now connect the phones to the splitters.
- Connect a network cable from the LAN port on the back of the caller ID unit into the network switch.
- Make sure there is a network cable leading from the network switch to the OrderMate server (this should have been done during installation of the system).