OrderMate Online allows you to send SMS promotions to your customers, which is a great way to increase sales and build up customer loyalty. You can SMS customers who have ordered from OrderMate Online, customers who have been processed through OrderMate Point of Sale or by importing an Excel spreadsheet from another source.
SMS Marketing can be accessed through the "Promote Your Store" section of the menu:
Follow the steps below to send an SMS campaign:
1. Select a Marketing Plan
Click "Select SMS Marketing Campaign" from the top menu.
OrderMate Online offers several SMS Marketing Plans. Each plan has a weekly fee, which provides a number of SMS credits. You don't need to send SMSs in the week you pay for them - they can be saved up. If you send more SMSs than you've purchased, you'll be charged a per-SMS fee, which varies depending on the plan.
Any SMS fees will be included in your weekly invoice.
2. Create a Promo Code
Click "Promo Codes" from the top menu.
3. Import customers into a mailing list
Click "Mailing Lists" from the top menu.
A mailing list stores a list of customers and their mobile numbers.
People who order through OrderMate Online are automatically added to a mailing list (with each Location having a separate one):
Click "Import from OrderMate POS" to import customers who have been processed in OrderMate POS. This could take between a few minutes and an hour, depending on the size of your customer database.
Click "Import from CSV" to import customers from Excel. This can be used to import customers from many different software packages.
Download a blank spreadsheet by clicking "How to load customers", then "click here", load customers, then upload the completed CSV file.
4. Create an SMS Campaign
Click "Send SMS Campaign" from the top menu.
The final step is to create an SMS Campaign.
A few notes on SMS Campaigns:
- We recommend giving customers several days to use their promo code, and scheduling SMSs to send several hours before your peak time.
- You can use filters to restrict the campaign based on customer suburb, when the customer ordered from your restaurant and/or the total sales volume to that customer in the past.
- If the same mobile number exists amongst the selected mailing lists, we'll only send one SMS to it.
- If you set "Maximum Total Number of SMSs to Send" to restrict a blast, we'll send to customers who received an SMS from you the longest time ago first.
- We'll add a "Redeem here" link to all SMSs sent. This will take the customer to the store and add the promo code to their shopping cart. We'll also add an "Unsubscribe link". This leaves you with around 106 characters for your message.
- Once the scheduled time for a campaign has passed, we'll start sending out SMSs. It may take an hour or more to send all SMSs, depending on the size of the blast. After the scheduled time has passed, you'll no longer be able to edit the SMS Campaign.