Due to recent Microsoft and Apple updates, the old method of remote access no longer works. If you have not been setup with a Hamachi VPN, please contact Ordermate by email on firstname.lastname@example.org and our technicians will be able to assist you.
If your remote access connection has been working in the past and has suddenly stopped when you’ve tried to connect again, or gives the error stating that the Remote Computer is offline, please follow these steps.
Microsoft/Windows Based Devices:
We will need to check if the Hamachi software is running. This can be done by doing the following;
- If the Icons in the bottom right are hidden, click on the arrow key to expand it
- In this section, there will be a Hamachi icon, it is a circle with 3 smaller circles inside it.
- If this icon is grey, right click on it, and select "Power On", it should turn blue.
- If the Icon is blue and you still cannot connect, please right click the icon and select "Restore"
- In this window, the computer you are connecting to is listed. All Green = Ready to go!
- If the icons are grey or any other colour, there may be an issue with the connection on the server, it is best to contact support if this is the case.
If the Hamachi icon is not in the bottom right corner, please try the following;
- Press on the start button in the bottom left and search for “LogMeIn Hamachi”
- Once found Open up the program, and the connection window should load up like normal.
- If you are presented with the Self-Diagnosis popup, please try the following
- Select Start in the bottom right and type in “Command Prompt”
- Once Found Right click this and select “Run as administrator”, if a prompt appears, select “Yes” (You may be prompted for a password).
- Once Loaded, a black box with a blinking cursor should appear, simply type “Net Start Hamachi2svc” without the quotations and the Hamachi software will forcefully start.
Alternatively run the attached file labelled "Force Start Hamachi" below.
Apple/Mac Based Devices:
If you are on an apple or mac based device and are unable to load the remote connection please try the following;
- In the Top Right, near the WiFi symbol, there should be a Hamachi Icon, click on this, and make sure it is powered on.
- If the “Powered On” not greyed out, click on this. This will start up the Hamachi software.
- Once On, you can restore the client by clicking the icon and selecting “Restore”
- If you see Green lights, then everything is working fine and remote access should work.
If you have tried all the steps above or you issue is not listed, please download and install Teamviewer from www.teamviewer.com. Once installed, please give our support line a call on 1300 667 002 with the ID and Password ready. This will allow the technician to quickly login to your PC and resolve the issue.